Sr. API Developer
Preferred Locations: Grand Rapids, MI | Greenville, SC | Dallas, TX | (Remote ok)
At Kindrid, you’ll learn that generosity has the power to change the world around us, and you’ll play a large role in placing that power in millions of hands across the country.
We build innovative products to unleash generosity through the local church. Why? Because when churches thrive so do communities.
Kindrid built The Church’s Giving Platform — a text, in-app, and online giving solution designed to engage new givers. Thousands of leaders leverage this platform to equip their people to give and to engage with the visions of their churches.
Historically, most people in church don’t give and recently, even those who want to give are unable to do so. By building and equipping a network of churches to increase giving, decrease costs, and realize their visions, we’re defining the future of generosity in this country.
We’re looking for a passionate and uniquely skilled individual to dramatically increase this impact and help us make the church known for generosity.
Kindrid is looking for an API developer to join our growing team. Your primary focus will be developing and testing scalable server software. An ideal candidate will be passionate about performance, system integrity, and security, as well as display creativity and autonomy while working on a variety of challenges and tasks.
● Contribute to the development of Kindrid’s public and private API
● Develop custom auxiliary services as needed (e.g. custom integrations with other software, productivity services, reporting services, etc)
● Participate in sprint meetings, actively contributing to prioritization and planning
● Assist with the creation and maintenance of API documentation
Experience & Abilities
● 2 years professional experience in two or more programming languages: Python (preferred), Go (preferred), Ruby, Java, C# etc.
● 2 years professional experience working with databases (MongoDB preferred)
● Ability to learn and explore new technologies and programming languages
● Ability to work both on a team and individually on projects
● Proficient in versioning tools (Git)
● Helpful: Understanding of concurrent / event-based programming concepts
● Able to read other people’s code (and match style)
Compensation will be based on experience and cost of living. All Kindrid employees receive full health benefits and retirement fund matching. Kindrid is privately owned by two non-profits and does not offer equity.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This position requires travel domestically. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Workweek / hours of work
Standard workweek is Monday – Friday. Minimum of 40 hours per week.
In Partnership with: